Abios Player Privacy Notice
Last modified on Mar 03 2022.
This privacy notice (the “Abios Player Privacy Notice”) applies to players participating in esports and other connected persons associated with those events, in particular referees/judges, club owners, managers, directors or any other relevant participant or person involved within a given esport (references to “you” and “your” in this notice are to players and connected persons). Abios Gaming AB (“Abios”, “we”, “us” and/or “our”) is a company registered in Sweden, whose principal office is at Hälsingegatan 38, 11160, Stockholm, Sweden with the organization number 556926-0705, which will process Player Personal Data as set out in this Privacy Notice. For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, we are the “Data Controller” of your personal information. This is because we are the organisation which determines why and how your personal information is processed. By “personal information”, we mean information which, either by itself or when combined with other information that we hold or which is available to us, can be used to identify you.
Table of Contents
i. The Information Abios Collects
This Privacy Notice applies to Abios collection and use of some or all of the following fields of personal information in relation to players and connected persons in the form of:
Identity data: includes first name, last name, current/previous/alternative nickname(s), unique identification code (for internal purposes), gender, nationality, date of birth and images of individual.
Professional data: includes esport played by individual, role or position of individual in their esport, playing position (and any previous position(s)) played by individual, current and previous teams or clubs of individual, current league or division of individual's team or club, associations related to individual, and any information that is relevant to investigations into the integrity of sport.
Performance data: includes appearance data (such tournaments and minutes played), disciplinary information, information relating to performance (such as kills), awards received and other playing history data.
News data: includes news relating to individual (such as an individual's availability for forthcoming matches, competitions or events).
Contact data: includes social media handles and individual's official website.
ii. The Way Abios Uses Information
The purposes for which we will process your personal data are set out below. Sometimes the legal bases for processing will overlap and there may be multiple legal bases that support our processing of your personal data. The following list defines the specific purposes:
- Providing player profiles as part of our services offering to our clients
- Offering and settling player-related betting offers to our clients
iii. Our Legal Basis of Processing
Under applicable data protection laws, we have to have a legal basis to process your personal information. The legal basis which we have outlined in this Privacy Notice includes:
- pursue legitimate interests of our own or of third parties, provided that the resulting impact on your interests and fundamental rights does not outweigh those interests.
iv. Who Abios May Disclose Your Information
Abios will disclose your personal information if we have a legal reason to do so, and/or where it is necessary to meet the purposes and lawful basis set out above. Such disclosures will be made to:
- to sports federations, betting operators and media partners in relation to our commercial activities;
- esports governing bodies, clubs, and law enforcement agencies;
- third parties in the event of a corporate transaction involving the sale of all or part of Abios;
- professional advisors, such as lawyers, accountants, auditors and/or consultants;
- companies in the same group as Abios
v. Your Rights
Your rights are as follows:
- the right to be informed about your personal information;
- the right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal information;
- the right to restrict processing of your personal information;
- the right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”);
- the right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it;
- the right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“Data Portability”); and
- rights in relation to automated decision making, including profiling which has a legal effect, or which causes a significant effect.
Please be aware, that some of the above rights are qualified, so they will not be applicable in all circumstances.
vi. Abios Contact Information
If you have a query about any aspect of this Privacy Notice or wish to have any part of it clarified please contact us at [email protected]
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
Last updated: 03 Mars 2022.